Saturday 30 September 2017

Grimmfest 2017: Not Long Now

As you may know already I have attended Grimmfest for the last five years and I intend to see as much as I can this year too!

If you are not familiar with Grimmfest I'll give you a quick update; it is Manchester's biggest horror festival and takes place on the first weekend in October. If you want to know the calibre of movies that have played at previous festivals then please read my past posts on the festival.

This year the festival is showing many films I am excited to see. You can find the full lineup here along with trailers but I just want to say which films I am most excited to see.

Thursday is the opening night and this year has the world premier of Habit which is set in Manchester and is directed by Simeon Halligan who also happens to be the Co-Director of the festival so no pressure Simeon! Following Habit is Ruin Me set at an extreme horror themed camping site where the events turn from fun to deadly.


Due to work I will be unable to attend the majority of screenings on Friday but I do hope to get there for Better Watch Out as everyone loves a Christmas themed horror movie. Also the trailer for Tag has my attention.


On Saturday the movies I'm most excited about is Double Date due to the humour that I love in a British horror movie, Leatherface which is a remake of Texas Chainsaw The Beginning. I know it's not a remake but if you think about it it kinda is. I'm also looking forward to Fake Blood.




Sunday showings I'm looking forward to are Dave Made A Maze, Borley Rectory which is the movie I'm looking forward to the most at this years festival and Attack Of The Adult Babies which sounds fucking crazy!




These are just a few of the movies that are playing at this years festival there are plenty more to see over the four days which I'm sure will be great. I'm really looking forward to this year, if you don't have plans over the these four days you should definitely try and pop in and catch a film or two. Hopefully see you there!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment